Welcome to tovaspeter.com!
Welcome to my website! Look around to find more information and images of my paintings on found wood, community mural projects, and more...
In all of my current work (both my wood art and my community mural projects), I hope to share the idea that everything and everyone has an inherent beauty that will shine through when the time is taken to shift to a new perspective.
* Wednesday January 15: Art Therapy Workshop at Newton Free Library
presented by The West Suburban Community Health Network Area (CHNA) 18
Using Art to Promote Health
Presentations by Tova Speter, LMHC, Emily Bhargava, and David Eckelkamp, LMHC
Workshop is FREE to attend and open to the public. Registration requested - view more info here.
* Wednesday January 22: Art Therapy Presentation at Harvard University
Introduction to Art Therapy as a Tool for Wellness, using art-making to explore, reflect, and heal
Presentation by Tova Speter, LMHC
Note: this session is part of the Harvard Wellness Conference and is open to Harvard undergraduate students.
* AWARD! I was recently honored by being one of three people in the country identified as a future leader in the field of art and healing. Read more about my Arts & Healing Network Award here.
* BOOK! Photos of two of my community mural projects were recently selected in a nation-wide competition to be featured on the cover of a new Arts Management textbook! Book is a year away but stay tuned for more information....
* I recently completed a mural at the Ivy Street School in Brookline working with students with brain injury (view pics here). Current projects in process include a community mural at The Binah School in Sharon and at the Bridge Elementary School in Lexington. Scheduled to be completed in March 2014, stay tuned for pics to come...
* Other recent projects in 2013 include community murals at a hospital in Milford, pedestrian walkway in Cambridge, camp in Palmer, synagogue in Newton, hospital in Jamaica Plain, and community center in Israel. Click on the links for more info and pics!
* New video released of my recent community mural in Haifa, Israel! Click here for the story, pics, and a link to the video.
* One of my community mural projects was recently tragically destroyed. Please take a look at the pics of the project in Arlington and read the story to help its memory live on. You can also read my response to the unfortunate destruction in a letter here.
* My private practice is now in full swing, offering art therapy and mental health counseling services. Find out more here.
* Check out the organization I started called The MEM Project, reaching out to Jewish young adults in the Boston community and beyond.